Boar to tha fore!

Drop a line here if you are a new Glaston, or an old one returning.

Boar to tha fore!

Postby pigdish » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:58 am

Hail Glastons!

It's been a while but you guys have always been in my thoughts. What are people up to these days? I'm working as a registered nurse and in school for my BSN and Masters in education and informatics.

I'm playing a new game which I thought might interest you guys also. It's called Albion Online https://albiononline.com/en/. Check it out, maybe we can make our mark there as we did in DAoC, Shadowbane, and some others.

Pigdish
pigdish
Regular

Re: Boar to tha fore!

Postby Stash » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:11 am

I've been watching that one a little bit. You'll have to give a report on how it plays, good, bad, etc.

Other than that we have been gearing up for star citizen as our long term target and playing Ark: Survival Evolved as our current obsession. If you like Dinosaurs in any way you'll love it, and should come spend time with us.

But no matter what, come log into the TeamSpeak server and say hello and chew the cud with us.

Stash
Cap'n

Postby XLCS » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:06 pm

Greetings, Pigdish! Good to hear from you!

I'm in a similar boat -- got married, moved from California to Colorado, taking online graduate classes, etc.

I've been threatening to upgrade so I can actually run games again, but with the move, taking a huge pay cut, and talk of starting a family I'm hesitant. The limited time I have for gaming these days goes into PlayStation or Diablo-esque games on my Nexus 7.

I'm missing the gang as well. Even if I had a decent rig to play online, I'd still be committed to night studying.

Albion Online looks very interesting, and possibly playable on my hardware. Rock on! I like the sound of it.

XBOX/PS3: zenbiont, Steam ID: [GC] XLCS, Xfire: xlcs
Fb, Li
XLCS
BoarD Chairman

Postby Skurge » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:48 pm

I'm with Lex. Doing part time school, on top of geneological research, 2nd child, I don't have tons of time. When I can play, I play D3 because it's bought and paid for, and I still find it fun! That Albion game actually looks interesting and I can even run it on my old lappy, however, I'm in no position to buy a new game right now. Hopefully in a year or so when Star Citizen is fully going I may be able to afford a new box to play, but until then, I'm playing bought and paid for or free games only.
Skurge
Smaked
Smaked

Postby Kargarok » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:20 am

Heya Piggy! Come tame dinos w/ us! :mrgreen:
"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." - Hoban "Wash" Washburn

Kargarok
KargyPants

Postby pigdish » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:53 pm

Aww, it's so good to be with the gang again. I really missed you guys.

Excelsius, congrats on getting hitched, the move, and starting a family. I wish you the best.

Coincidentally, my son showed me a trailer for Arc and thought it was pretty cool. I'll look into it further, who knows maybe dinosaur hunting is in my future. I'll also check out Star Citizen which I've never heard of.

Albion Online is in Alpha testing and it is great so far. It's a fully player driven economy and they have done it well from what I've experienced so far. I play it with my kids and they like it also. It is not like the other MMORPGs out there and feels like an old school game. Things aren't just given to you and it involves a lot of effort to improve.

The game starts out with your character naked and from the very beginning you start to harvest materials and make yourself armor and weapons. It just keeps expanding from there.

Pigdish
pigdish
Regular

Postby j99450 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:50 pm

Economy wise Albion sounds like EvE which also has a player driven economy, at least when I last played it a few years ago well over 90% of everything was player made/mined/aquired with only a handful of items plus blueprints for all the makeable stuff being made from 'nothing' and sold by npcs.

A moogle on heaven in FFXIV wrote:unspeakably beutiful, unimaginably spacious, and with a literally endless supply of wine.
j99450
BoarD Member

Postby pigdish » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:11 am

I need details on Arc: Survivor Evolved. My son got the game and would like to join you guys so I need information like which server you guys are playing on and any other information that would be helpful for him to get started in the game.

Thanks.
pigdish
Regular

Postby Stash » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:17 am

First have him hop on our teamspeak server.
Server address: T331.DARKSTARLLC.COM:11187
Password: boar

The Ark server is called Glaston, on the bottom of the server list make sure the password protected sites is checked or it won't show up.

Password for the server is.....boar

Charlie will most likely be on, Karg and I get on at night around 6pm pst.

Stash
Cap'n

Postby pigdish » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:03 am

Hey thanks for the info, my son was able to log onto the server and get on Teamspeak. I was watching and the base looks cool from the outside and the tamed dinosaurs were really awesome. It's really cool that you can train them to attack strangers (like my son's character). haha

I may be tempted to come join you guys. ;)

So with a closed server the game is about world building. Can you do PvP with others also? Meaning our Glaston world-isle attacking another in a declared combat?
pigdish
Regular

Postby Charlie » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:23 am

Ya we can turn on PVP and split into two Tribes and go at it
Charlie
The Big Fraker

Postby Stash » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:47 am

The way we have it set up is just world building. We may at some point open the server up to other folk and do some PvP but right now PvP out for us with the way the game works. We just don't have enough folk to PvP. Most of the servers have tribes of 100+ and even then the only time folk seem to be attacking is when one side or the other is offline so it's an easy fight. So for now we're just taking it easy and exploring.

Which by the way, there is TONS to explore. We have yet to get through a cave and out in one piece.

Stash
Cap'n

Postby Skurge » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:28 pm

I've just been doing some looking and it seems like from what I've read I may be able to play this game with a little bit of detail... I may check this out... Are you all going to be around for a while if I join? Or will I join and never catch up and you'll leave in a month?
Skurge
Smaked
Smaked

Postby Stash » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:53 pm

Well if YOU join, we have to leave. We signed a contract.

Stash
Cap'n

Postby Skurge » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:32 pm

Your an asshole Stash! But I still like you. For now...
Downloading right now, will maybe see you tomorrow night.
Skurge
Smaked
Smaked

Postby Charlie » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:53 am

Dont do it its addicting even Rhen is on a few nights a week LOL
Charlie
The Big Fraker

Postby Stash » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:44 am

Skurge wrote:Your an asshole Stash! But I still like you. For now...
Downloading right now, will maybe see you tomorrow night.

Kisses!

We'll let you stomp around on one of the Rexxes, you'll level fast.

Stash
Cap'n

Postby pigdish » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:58 pm

Hey can you give my son some permissions so he can leave the base. He is a reliable young man and would never do anything bad. Currently he is stuck in the Glaston base and can't open the gates. lol

Man, I was going to buy the game but if Skurge is coming then I'll have to rethink it.
pigdish
Regular

Postby Skurge » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:35 pm

Virtually unplayable... Bad choice for me :( Can't play...
Skurge
Smaked
Smaked

Postby pigdish » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:49 pm

Why can't you play Skurge?

Okay, I broke down and got the game for myself and my daughter also. haha
pigdish
Regular

Next

Return to Welcome Tales