Greetings from Korriban

Drop a line here if you are a new Glaston, or an old one returning.

Greetings from Korriban

Postby j99450 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:59 am

The doors open seemingly on their own a few seconds before a shorter figure walks in, his face concealed by a hood that seems to also be covering several oddly spaced lumps on his head. Hanging from his belt along with a few pouches is a metal cylinder about 2 1/2 feet long. As he steps further away from the door he reaches up to pull back his hood revealing a younger face covered in a tattoo and a bald head crowned by several horns, which were causing the lumps in his hood. With a quick glance over his shoulder to check for a tail he heads towards the side of the room looking both slightly out of place, and as if he's finally come back to a home he barely remembers. Sitting down at en empty table he calls "I'll take one of your best non-alcoholic drinks," Smiling sadly he continues "I've got a mild allergy to most forms of alcohol."

(OOC)
I found you through Ragabash! over on the PortConMaine forums in the SWTOR topic. I consider myself a decent role-player and look forward to role playing with you all when SWTOR goes live. My prior MMO experiences includes EvE Online and STO.

A moogle on heaven in FFXIV wrote:unspeakably beutiful, unimaginably spacious, and with a literally endless supply of wine.
j99450
BoarD Member

Re: Greetings from Korriban

Postby Kargarok » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:47 pm

The clamor across the bar silences, as a raucous dark skinned individual across the bar speaks up, "So den ah says, 'I bet you can' even juggle one discostick let alone tree, mon.' An' de prude fell fo' it! I even gave him me own sabres ta try it. Got one right inside his temple." He emphasizes his point by placing one finger firmly to the side of head and laughs. "So dat be weya I got dese extras? Ya wan' one?" He offers up the small cylinder with a flourish to one of the more stoic and members of the small group. She almost looks embarrassed by the display. "Oh hey! It be one of dem horny fellows!" The dark skinned man, reels out of his flourish and stows the cylinder back in his robes he seems fairly drunk. "Hey dere! We don' get many o' you round heeya." He seems to completely ignore the other zabrak in the room. "What be bringin' you to dis place?" He grins from ear to ear, almost as if he knows the answer already.

OOC: Hah! Hiya, that'd be me, Ragabash! Welcome! You know I'm not sure we've ever actually met at the con, I used to be that guy in charge of the boff. You know. ;)
"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." - Hoban "Wash" Washburn

Kargarok
KargyPants

Postby Kargarok » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:48 pm

OOC: Oh! Almost forgot to remind you to ignore Hellion. ;)

Kargarok
KargyPants

Postby Charlie » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:17 pm

LOL@ Hellion.

Welcome mate
Charlie
The Big Fraker

Postby j99450 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:28 pm

The Zabrak looks at the obviously drunk person who spoke to him, and sips his drink before speaking. "Reconnecting to my heritage of course." Indicating his facial tattoo he continues, "or my other heritage if you want to be particular." He seems to pause momentarily, tilting his head oddly to one side while looking at nothing before shaking his head and refocusing on the dark skinned warrior across from him. "My ancestors going back several generations, with a few exceptions were survivors of Glaston. It is also from them I get my allergy to alcohol."

A moogle on heaven in FFXIV wrote:unspeakably beutiful, unimaginably spacious, and with a literally endless supply of wine.
j99450
BoarD Member

Postby Kargarok » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:42 pm

The dark one waivers for a moment then his eyes narrow to slits. "You tink very carefully on how you answer dis one, mon. Cause I know ya be a liya. Dere ain't any Glaston who be allergic to da drink. Wheeya did ya say ya was from?" His narrowed gaze lingers on the newcomer a moment, then his eyes widen and his head snaps up "Oh ho! Wait a second! Hold dat tought, mon." He holds a finger up as he turns to the stoic one. "Hey Millie!? Dis be one o youwas or sometin? Like a distant cousin or summat? I always tought you had some hidden horns in ya."

Kargarok
KargyPants

Postby Mildred » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:00 pm

The robotic slowness with which the so-called 'stoic one' turns her head to stare directly at her dark companion is marked with a sudden lack of noise from the surrounding tables. Though the expression on her plain face is one of trained neutrality, there's something about her aura that speaks very clearly.

It's saying "Eff off and go die in a womprat hole".

"Please".
Mildred
MillyPants

Postby Kargarok » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:05 pm

The raucous one looks suddenly crestfallen but the twinkle in his eyes still remain. "Awwww! How can ya say dat in front of ouwa guest? How can ya shame me in front of new people?" He turns back to the stranger, "Now wheya was we? Oh yes! You was about to tell us whee'ya from."

Kargarok
KargyPants

Postby j99450 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:29 pm

"My parents, and myself, are the only lucky ones to have the alcohol allergy" The Zabrak says, making air quotes around 'lucky'. "Near as we can figure out its a random mutation and they were a bit of technophobes so correcting it was out of the question." Further sipping his drink he nods to Millie before continuing, "I never said I couldn't drink, its just that only Ciders generally don't give me issues." Finishing his drink he calls out for the house cider and turning to the dark skinned man across from him says, "You were asking where I was from? Now that is a difficult question indeed. Most recently from the academy on Korriban, but before that my parents owned their own light transport which I lived on with them before being taken for training." As his cider was delivered he nodded his thanks before taking a careful sip, before smiling and taking a bigger drink. Continuing from before he said, "Most of their work was for smaller companies who didn't do enough business to warrant their own transport."

j99450
BoarD Member

Postby Hellion » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:02 pm

Kargarok wrote:OOC: Oh! Almost forgot to remind you to ignore Hellion. ;)

The Cow says "moo"
The Chicken says "cluck"
The Hellion says "*@&#%&"
Commander Hellion
Glastonbury Industrial Technologies
Hellion
Drama Queen

Postby j99450 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:48 pm

(OOC)
Did someone post above me?
Also forgot to mention, my name is ManaaniWanderer over at the SWTOR site.

j99450
BoarD Member

Postby Kargarok » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:58 am

OOC: No idea! You should go apply to the guild over then! ;) http://www.swtor.com/guilds/142105/glastons

Kargarok
KargyPants

Postby Mildred » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:59 am

(( You catch on quick, haha. ;) ))
Mildred
MillyPants

Postby Rhen » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:18 pm

Rhen slightly tilts his head at the words allergic and alcohol being muttered in the same sentence. "this cin nea be gud" he thinks to himself.

"Oy, 'tender poor us anudder would ya? Thars a good lad" he asks quietly.

After grabbing his tankard and shot glass off the counter he walks over to the table occupied by Millie and her obnoxious little friend. "Did I be hearin' dis bone'ead 'ere be allergish teh brew? I did nea know thar would be such as would be wanderin' inteh these parts. But i shoulda figured as 'e would be knowin' ye two." Rhen looks bleary eyed at the Zabrak. "Well then lad iffin' ye be made so sickly by drinkin' brew, I'd be glad teh drink yer share, should at anytime ye be alloted anneh, an' furthur more...." Rhen pauses to let out a loud belch. "....an' furthur more iffin' ye...." Rhen pauses once more and looks like he's about to fall over as he weaves dangerously close to the table. "....don' wan' 'em I cin carry dem pigs home."

With another loud belch Rhen topples in Millie's direction, managing to just barely miss her foot as he lands and commences to snore robustly.
Rhen
Wrenalicious

Postby j99450 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:21 pm

The Zabrak looked at the new comer to their table, and look at him mildly puzzled as he attempted to work out what he was trying to say. As fate would have it he managed to decipher the mans drunken accent at the same time he fell over. Shaking his head he said, "And that is another reason I don't drink much. I prefer not to be collapsing while out enjoying myself." Taking another a good sip of his cider he sighed contentedly, "Its been to long since I've had this" he said barely above a whisper. Looking towards the two people who he had already been talking to "The names Vyhk," he said taking care to pronounce his name slowly and clearly.

((OOC, referring to him as the Zabrak was getting annoying, and Vyhk is pronounced Vee-hic.))

j99450
BoarD Member

Postby Mildred » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:44 am

It appears as though Rhen's escapades may not be completely out of the ordinary, because 'Millie' doesn't even flinch at the man's meaty impact with the floor. Instead she rolls her eyes and sips at her own drink - a dark, steaming concoction.

"About time we had someone capable of proper enunciation in this hellhole. Fair warning, however, you may see fit to resign yourself to being called by a ridicuous disaster of your given name if you intend on spending any time here at all."
Mildred
MillyPants

Postby Kargarok » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:43 pm

"Psssh, ProPah BassIc is for dem lapdog central types. I'll be speakin de way me parents raised me. Thank you verrah much, Ladee."

Kargarok
KargyPants

Postby j99450 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:04 am

"Of course," Vyhk said with a grin, "but if you mispronounce my name I reserve the right to ignore you as you didn't call for me."

j99450
BoarD Member

Postby Kargarok » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:53 am

"Hah! Millie an' Vyhkie! Ya two be like two Jawas in a droid factory. T'ick as t'ieves." He turns to address his companion, "Ya should take him to see da rock, see if what he says be true."

OOC: Sorry it's been so long, but you should be a full Boar now and be able to see the rest of the forums.

Kargarok
KargyPants

Postby Hellion » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:16 am

Just than this guy comes rolling in smelling of things and stuff... its hellion YAY

"its all i got. so what! want to fight about it?"
The Cow says "moo"
The Chicken says "cluck"
The Hellion says "*@&#%&"
Commander Hellion
Glastonbury Industrial Technologies
Hellion
Drama Queen

Next

Return to Welcome Tales