A Nimble Bartender Returns

Drop a line here if you are a new Glaston, or an old one returning.

A Nimble Bartender Returns

Postby Daylan » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:51 am

The letter arrived at the Laughing Lion with the morning courier. As usual, it sat under someone's ale mug for most of the day as a coaster before anyone noticed it. Finally, while cleaning up, the barmaid opened the tattered message and read the following:

Greetings, old friends.

Many may not even remember me; a few may remember a young friar named Daylan who used to tend the bar there at the Laughing Lion.

Many years ago I left my home to find my place in the world, and it has been almost longer than I can remember since those happy days in Glastonbury. The world has been hard to me, but I have learned a few lessons and I learned most importantly how much value to place on good friends, good fun, and good ale!

I am coming home, and I hear that the forces of destruction force us all to take up arms again. It has been a long time since I bore arms against villainy, but the time has come to relearn old skills and stand beside old and new friends.

I will arrive soon, and I hope that I can find a place back in Glastonbury.

And a job. I'm broke. (I'm not too proud to sweep the floors, and someone has to clean up the mess after last call, aye?)

~Daylan

oc: I haven't played a MMO seriously since DAoC, and I used to be an active member back when Darkness Falls was new. I'm hoping some of the old crew are still around, because WAR is sucking me back into gaming!
Daylan
Irregular

Re: A Nimble Bartender Returns

Postby earthwulf » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:55 am

Oh holy hell, he's back... we dun need floorsweepers, we need a bartender wot won't drink evrythin' afore servin it!

Course we remember ye.. and yer curse...
Contributor: http://haystackblog.wordpress.com/
Occasional winner: http://needleinthehay.net/
earthwulf
Diddly Womper, 1st class

Postby Stash » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:35 am

Oh Bloody hell..... Lex, Rhen, look who's back.

Heh, it's just like old home week. I'll get ya permissions set.

Stash
Cap'n

Postby XLCS » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:46 am

Yeehoo laddy! Anyun willin' ta barkeep is OK by me!

Aye, I seem ta remember some such about friars an' spinnin' sticks... took me name from a fierce dream 'bout it. Some ol' apparition in tha woods spoke about it like he was tellin' a story... hrm...

*scratches head*

Well anywho let's pour some tankards! Ye ever played hot potater?

XBOX/PS3: zenbiont, Steam ID: [GC] XLCS, Xfire: xlcs
Fb, Li
XLCS
BoarD Chairman

Postby Charlie » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:12 pm

Welcome Daylan,
I am Cutheil (BW), an am pleased ta meet an old friend of my friends....You are welcome and I'll take a mug to.....P.S. dont play da Potata game it's a trick.....He got me wit it.....OK it's kinda fun
Charlie
The Big Fraker

Postby Rhen » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:14 pm

hmmmmmm.......The Laughin' Lion ent been the same without ye behind tha Bar me old friend, o'course yer welcome ye lout....infact we washed an' saved this for ye!<throws a clean but ragged and stained towel at Daylan>
Rhen
Wrenalicious

Postby Freduruck » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:35 pm

Daylan!

Welcome back, I too was away in distant lands for a very long time. In that olde world, i was called Frederyck, it is good to see ya again.

-Tehrtle
When I was a kid my favorite relative was Uncle Caveman. After school we'd all go play in his cave, and every once in a while he would eat one of us. It wasn't until later that I found out that Uncle Caveman was a bear.
Freduruck
Irregular

Postby Daylan » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:24 pm

Great t' see so many of the old boars! (and I do mean OLD - older than the dirt between Sigmar's toes).

Err, I don't mean to be pushy . . . <continues briskly polishing the bar with the rag from Rhen> . . . but what do I have to do to officially rejoin the ranks?

Oh, and Frederyck, I seem t' have a vague memory of a particularly crusty scout who looked a bit like ya. Any relation?
Daylan
Irregular

Postby Rhen » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:46 am

just get ahold o one o us in yer travels.....(( Server= Avelorn we're usually about between 4PM Pacific time, and 10 PM Pacific))
Rhen
Wrenalicious

Return to Welcome Tales