Hullo all

Drop a line here if you are a new Glaston, or an old one returning.

Hullo all

Postby Gyda » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:07 pm

*raises her foam-topped mug in greeting*

Me hubby 'n I been lookin' fer a group o' folks to 'venture with. Fightin' the hordes o' greenies by ourselves, though invigratin, can get a might lonesome. Been hearin' some good things 'bout ye folks and thought I'd give ye a holler.

((OOC: My husband and I are medium RPers, meaning we prefer to stay in character as much as possible, but don't get obsessive with it. Warhammer is our second MMO experience, LotRO being our first and yes we still play there on Elendilmir (lifers, in fact). We are currently interested in finding a group of like-minded, friendly, low-pressure folks to play with. We tend to advance slowly and like to experience all aspects of the game. I, personally, am an altoholic and usually working on several characters simultaneously. We are both in our 40's and our kids have recently left home *sniff*. We live in the Pacific NW and play most evenings and weekends (I occasionally play during weekdays as well). MMO's have become our primary form of entertainment, especially during the cold, wet, winter months (we even canceled our satellite TV, since we never watch it anymore ... more funds for game subscriptions :D ). We do tend to go AWOL a bit during the brief sunny summer, but we always return. We play for pleasure, pure and simple, and just want to be able to enjoy our game with some good friends.

If you think we might be a good fit for your bunch, we'd love to hook up with some of you in game sometime. We've only just begun looking for a guild home and you are the first I've contacted. We want to find the right group and stay, so we're willing to take the time to get to know you before anyone makes a decision. If interested, post here, send me a PM or just look for Gyda & Torc next time you're on ol' Avelorn.))
-- Gyda, Dwarf Rune Priestess - Warhammer, Avelorn
Gyda
Regular

Re: Hullo all

Postby seelx » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:33 pm

Gyda wrote:We play for pleasure, pure and simple, and just want to be able to enjoy our game with some good friends.

((Well, I'm new to the guild myself, but that's my attitude as well.))

*Bolgrumin walks in, the stink of the swamp still on his clothes, grabs a mug of Redhammer and raises it.*

Cheers. Anyone fightin' the green is a friend of mine.
seelx
Regular

Postby Stash » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:57 pm

Oy! An welcome! Look around, have a drink, make fun of Arringale's new dress.

((NW Oregon, eh? Well you got quite a few locals here. Rhen and Charlie live in Portland, Ore. and me and Dorr are right across the river in Vancouver. In fact, we're rather heavy on the west coast, although we do have folk all over.

Honestly, I think you'd fit right in. We have all kinds of Roleplayers, from the heavy storytellers, to Hellion, who is in a class all his own, and everyone else tries to stay out of. Give either me (Sieben) a holler or one of the other Glastons, if nothing else they can point you in the right direction))

Stash
Cap'n

Postby Gyda » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:14 am

Well, ye shore look like an int'restin' group. I'll have t' drag me other haff in 'ere and intr'duce 'im. Lookin' ferward t' gettin' to know all o' ye. Er ... jis how many o' ye are ther' anyways?

((Was wondering just how many of you are actively playing Warhammer right now and how far you've progressed in the game (we're still lowely level 11's, lol). Do you usually play together or are you kind of spread out? How often do you play? That kind of thing.))

Stash wrote:((NW Oregon, eh? Well you got quite a few locals here. Rhen and Charlie live in Portland, Ore. and me and Dorr are right across the river in Vancouver. In fact, we're rather heavy on the west coast, although we do have folk all over.))

((We could probably wave to you and Dorr ... we're just across the way in Scappoose. If you actually know where Scappoose is, you really are locals, lol.

Would really be nice to hook up with some folks who play similar times to us. Not that we'd expect you to always be available or anything ... would just increase the chances of actually being able to play with some regular friends. We always seem to befriend east coasters who are heading off to bed just as we're getting started.

BTW, told Torc (hubby) about you guys and pointed him to the forums. He's been rather busy this week, but if he hasn't gotten around to saying hello by the weekend, I'll give him a nudge. He's not nearly as chatty as I am. :wink: ))
-- Gyda, Dwarf Rune Priestess - Warhammer, Avelorn
Gyda
Regular

Postby Stash » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:45 am

((Well my play times are normaly weeknights 6pm to 9-10 pm, weekends I'm on and off most of the time depending on RL. Typicaly we have 5-6 on most nights, but we are a rather small band and there can be times where there are only 1-2 on. We do try to group up when we can, and there are 3-4 of us that do regularly, and we do want to add more to that number if we can. Level wise right now we're 21 and down, with those of us at 20 and 21 strictly doing open field RvR in order to let others to catch up, so being 11 isn't to bad, a few days of questing and you'll catch right up.

Like I said, we are a small group, and have always been really. We're not against being a large guild persay, but we do kind of like the closeness and friendship that being a small group gives. Our guild chat can be goofy to heated, but in the end we are friends and Glastons. To us that is what makes playing worth it. ))

Stash
Cap'n

Postby Charlie » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:01 pm

Don't do it Gyda, thats how Stash drug me in dis guild.....No just kiddin we are RL friends....Well as for me I am not an RP'er but do post every so often to a RP post....Cutheil in game, and you do sound like ya will fit the Glaston family well......I'm all ways on so look me up and we can get ya two a few greenie scalps.....
Charlie
The Big Fraker

Postby Rhen » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:33 pm

Gyda wrote:
((We could probably wave to you and Dorr ... we're just across the way in Scappoose. If you actually know where Scappoose is, you really are locals, lol.

))

Scappoose is a nice little town on my way to the coast on my Harley......welcome aboard mates!
Rhen
Wrenalicious

Postby Stash » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:19 am

Ok Then...........

Stash
Cap'n

Return to Welcome Tales