((ooc, interguild rp

For any stories that don't fit into the other categories... let loose with the writing!

((ooc, interguild rp

Postby terathul » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:36 pm

((evening Boars! Im the guild leader of a new rp guild by the name Eternal Coil, were a dark/evillll rp guild based on wiccana, new to the server etc... Anyways, id chatted briefly in PMs with a fellow in your ranks, not sure his character names but his forum name was Armgnawer on the AoC forums... and got a pretty good feelin coming from your ranks.

Ended up mentioning your name to Petraea of the Dreamers of nithia who vouched for you as a guild saying that you were good folks. And have since spoken to Sieben briefly as well. Okay so this being said, one of my hopes as a new guild leader is to help foster interguild rp, and to try to help bring the rp community as a whole together on wicanna, im focusing on trying to build relations and a network with a couple guilds to start and yours is one of the ones I particularly interested in.

Now really there are three different kinds of guilds, good, evil, neutral.....mine falls into the evil, the dreamers into the good, and so forth. From what id gathered i believe the Boars are in neutral/good, though I could be wrong. I hope to build many kinds of rp ont he server between guilds, ranging from allies to nemesis (plural?), to casual passer bys at a tavern, as well as looking to work with guilds to host events. I am interested in your feedback on this and any ideas on the part of you folk!

Terathul of Eternal Coil
terathul
Regular

Postby Mildred » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:22 pm

<grunt>

Good and evil is all a matter of perspective, really. Anyway, it's nice to see you've finally made your way here. I do want to make it to some of the hotspot social events (though my alt might be better material for that, as she's a lot more sociable than Milly). I'm not sure how that'll work out for the guild as a whole, as we really, really like wandering around and killing hitchhikers and poor defenseless animals...but we'll see. ;)

((I'm editing this a bit because I think it bears mentioning that I personally have not had a good experience with 'evil' roleplay guilds in the past. While I would never judge a completely new set of people based on the actions of the old, you will hopefully forgive me if I enter into this relationship with an air of optimistic caution.))
Mildred
MillyPants

Postby terathul » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:13 pm

((oh understood, caution is always good, though along with everything, even if you are not interested in being part of direct conflict between guilds such as that, their is always room for casual rp, tavern settings, what have you...which while conflict can be fun, the whole purpose is to bring together a community...well...fun is the primary goal but I think you understand
terathul
Regular

Postby Stash » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:37 am

Heh, well in SWG we were the Evil guild. Sorta.....

As the Glaston Pirates, we robbed taverns, towns, ect. But we never did actually take anything, being just for RP. But on the same note, we fought against the other "evil" guilds to save the town we were part of, as well as we fought against slavery and oppression.

If done for RP and you make sure that your crew doesn't do anything that can be seen as "griefing" an evil guild can be fun to play or play against.

Stash
Cap'n

aye...

Postby terathul » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:19 pm

being an evil guild can be quite fun, and yes we are being evil for the point of stimulating fun rp, not to be ass holes. You can read up on our guild premise if youd like on Eternalcoil.guildportal.com,
terathul
Regular

Postby earthwulf » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:52 pm

We pretty much run the gambit. In this game, we've bonded out of the destruction of a town, a town where relationships, friendships, and rivalries existed. In everytown thereare going to be good people, evil people, and people who just don't fit inot either category. While we back each other up, the actions of each individual is based on that individual, not on the premise of the guild.
Contributor: http://haystackblog.wordpress.com/
Occasional winner: http://needleinthehay.net/
earthwulf
Diddly Womper, 1st class

Postby Stash » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:37 pm

Wulf, he wants to set up RP interactions.

Stash
Cap'n

Postby earthwulf » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:26 am

I know! I was just saying that differnt folks walk different paths in the guild.. some will work with 'em, some against 'em. yeesh. I'm not getting all holier-than-thou, we RP better than you.. I was just sayin' that we couldwork this from a LOT of angles. Maybe one of our fingerwigglers ain't so pure & helped Glastonia to burn...
Contributor: http://haystackblog.wordpress.com/
Occasional winner: http://needleinthehay.net/
earthwulf
Diddly Womper, 1st class

Return to Story Corner